Terms and Conditions
In placing an order with RLC Words, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below.
Web Design and Hosting
1. RLC Words will carry out work only where an agreement is provided by email. An ‘order’ is deemed to be a written contract between RLC Words and the client. Payment terms are strictly 50% of the design fee before work commences, then the remainder upon completion prior to the site going live on your domain. All payments are non-refundable.
2. Websites created on WordPress are hosted by EUK Host and can be transferred to a new host. RLC Words cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of either service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
3. Should you choose to host your WordPress website on your own hosting service we will assist in the transfer of the site from our demo domain. We will require access to the target host service and File Transfer Protocol.
4. Once your site is live on your domain it is assumed that the project has been completed to your satisfaction. Any additional work is then charged at the prevailing support cost.
5. You may contract RLC Words to create your text content, and source some copyright free images. This will be deemed to be a separate commission from your web design and will be charged accordingly.
6. If you do not commission RLC Words to create your content, we require you to submit your own text and images for inclusion on your new website. All text should be divided into sections relevant to your page names and submitted by you in electronic format via email. All text and images submitted must be free of copyright and RLC Words accepts no responsibility for any infringement of copyright law arising from any text or images used on your site. Text needs to be sent in a format that allows us to copy and paste, keeping the existing formatting in place.
7. We may include plugins on your website to improve the overall user experience on your site. These include but are not limited to contact forms, image slideshows, videos and maps. As these are third party apps hosted by another supplier we cannot accept responsibility for any loss of service or malfunction that may occur. Each third party reserves the right to alter or remove their service and or charge fees if certain usage limits are reached. Customers will be notified prior to such case and would be able to decide whether or not to continue with the service or to find an alternative provider.
8. We reserve the right to include a screenshot of, and link to your completed website on the portfolio page of our website and on any of our social media accounts.
9. All sites can be viewed on laptops, PC’s, tablets and mobile devices running the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
10. Your hosting period begins once your site is live on your domain. If you do not make your payments on time the hosting will expire and your site will no longer be live. Once hosting has expired, it will be possible to reinstate your website for a period of 7 days, and after 7 days your site will be permanently deleted. RLC Words excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the hosting as a result of the customer’s failure to renew their services.
11. Domain names registered by the client are the responsibility of the client to renew.
12. Domain names purchased on the client’s behalf by RLC Words will be registered for 1 year. The renewal will be billed annually, and is in addition to the web hosting fee. If the customer does not renew the services the domain will expire and will be available for general sale.
13. RLC Words excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of a technical fault or any other fault caused by the hosting company or any third party.
14. All sites are limited to a total of 500MB of data storage. Should you use more than 500MB of storage we will request for you to either pay an additional hosting fee or delete enough files to bring your total storage back down below 500MB.
15. Up to three email address with corresponding website domain will be provided as part of a standard build, with up to 500mb of mail storage in total (further charges apply if more addresses / storage are needed).
16. Website drafts will be created based on the design brief and information provided by the customer. If the design brief changes significantly after the first draft has been created a support charge for any additional work may be applied.
17. After completion and handover of the website, the client may choose to engage RLC Words to manage the website for a monthly maintenance and administration charge (three tiers available).
18. Alternatively the client can choose to have administrative responsibility and control of their own website. In this case RLC Words will provide a user guide for basic website administration, including security and software update requirements. Should you choose the option of having administrative rights to your website you will be able to make changes to your own site and amend content. RLC Words does not accept responsibility for any changes that you make to your site, nor for the impact of failure to keep software versions up to date on the site.
19. Unless an alternative payment plan has been agreed, if the final payment has not been received within 3 months of the original order being placed, RLC Words reserve the right to cancel this agreement without notice. All design work carried out will be permanently deleted from our hosting platform and no refund will be payable. Any domains or email accounts that may have been registered will also be cancelled and no refund will be payable.
20. Due to external factors we cannot offer any guarantees regarding the search engine position we will achieve for websites. We cannot accept liability for any change in rankings, or drop off in the position of your website due to changes in the algorithms of the search engines or the factors that they use to rank websites.
21. RLC Words reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or controversial. We also reserve the right to refuse to handle any site found to be involved in any black hat search engine optimisation techniques. Should any of these situations arise we reserve the right to terminate your web hosting service without notice and you would not be due a refund.
22. We reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.
Copywriting and Proofreading
Our current copywriting fees are £35 per hour. Before each project, we will provide a quote so that you know exactly how much the work will cost. Any changes to the original brief initiated by the client may require us to adjust the cost. The total price of your project will include:
- A free quote
- A maximum of 3 drafts of the project specified in the original brief
- Any minor amendments to your project
- Advice and consultation by email as necessary
- Any additional work requested that isn’t covered in the original brief will be quoted separately and added to the original invoice.
The Brief will be supplied by the client and must clearly outline the project requirements. Further information will be requested as required during the creative process.
Commencement of Work
RLC Words will carry out work only where an agreement is provided by email. An ‘order’ is deemed to be a written contract between RLC Words and the client.
RLC Words reserve the right to refuse to create material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or controversial.
Timescale and Deadlines
We will make every effort to ensure your project is delivered on time. In the unlikely event that we cannot meet the agreed deadline, we will let you know as soon as possible. We will not be held liable for any loss or damages to any party as a result of missing a deadline.
For certain projects, we require a 50% deposit of the total fee before commencing work. You will be advised of whether this applies to you during the quotation stage. For larger projects, we will arrange staggered payments, to be paid when we meet project milestones. Ongoing commissions, such as ghost blogging, will be invoiced monthly.
All invoices are sent electronically, unless agreed otherwise, and are payable within 10 working days of receipt. We accept payments by BACS or PayPal but unfortunately we do not accept cheques.
Intellectual Property Rights
Upon completion of the project and once we have received payment, all copyrights are automatically transferred to the client. We reserve the right to use any extracts of our work for our portfolio. Similarly, if we’ve worked alongside a subcontracted copywriter, they will also have the right to use any extracts of their work on their portfolio and marketing materials unless otherwise agreed beforehand.
Whilst we make every effort not to breach any copyright, you agree to indemnify us against action that may arise as a result of using our services.
Errors and Omissions
We make every effort to ensure that the project is proofread, grammatically accurate and factually referenced where applicable. However, we cannot guarantee that every project is completely free from typographical, grammatical or factual errors.
By using our services, you agree to indemnify us against any claim, including that of a third party, for compensation or damages resulting from the use of our written material or from unsought permissions to use my material.
Although every piece of written content we produce is original, the client accepts full responsibility for checking the authenticity of the project, including research materials and citations supplied and indemnify us of any compensation for loss or damages.